What does a SEO company in Utah tells about duplicate contents?
Unique and engaging content is the key factor behind any successful online business. When you create any website, it is necessary to add content so that the audience can get an idea of what your business is going to offer them.
What if you keep on creating duplicate contents?
Will Google accept it?
Will you still be able to reach the top position?
In such a manner, there are so many queries related to duplicate content. In this article, we will study about duplicate content and how it is bad for SEO.
Duplicate contents are contents that appear the same on some web pages either on your own website or on other websites. There are two types of duplicate contents:
- Internal duplicate content: As explained by Utah based SEO Company, internal duplicate content is found on a single domain through multiple internal URLs.
- External duplicate content: Sometimes it is also referred to as cross-domain duplicates. External duplicate content is when two different domains have the same content indexed by the search engines.
Why it is bad for SEO?
Duplicate content is definitely not fruitful for any business. It puts a drastic impact on SEO services as well.
- Duplicate content creates confusion for Google and finds it hard to determine which version to index. There could also be the possibility of not choosing the original content to bring on top position.
- This may also create a problem in consolidating link metrics.
What are the various duplicate content issues?
- On-page elements- These issues are related to meta-title, meta-description, and headings. Try to keep the content of these elements unique and attractive to attract visitors.
- Product descriptions- If you are an e-commerce website and writing product descriptions, then you need to be careful while explaining the products. It should not be copied from any other e-commerce website.
- Scraped content- It is referred to as copying the content from another website with a motive of increasing traffic to your own website. Individuals might use any online tool to re-write the scraped content. However, it can be identified sometimes as scrapers forget to change the brand name if included in the content.
How to look for duplicate content?
A renowned firm, Top Thrive that provides SEO services in Utah, says that it is possible to find the duplicate content with the help of the latest tools.
- The first method is by simply writing the content on Google search in quotation marks. With this approach, you can easily find whether the content is duplicate or not because Google will show the same phrase or string of characters if copied.
- The second way is by using free tools like Copyscape which can identify duplicate content as well.
With all the given instructions and knowledge, you can easily manage the duplicate content. As a result, you will tremendous growth in your rankings.